FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By girlinblue
Hello there! I actually joined this forum several months ago when I got my first fly trap as a present from a friend (from... Walmart?!) She was beautiful, I named her Aphrodite and my love for flytraps was born! I am seriously obsessed. I want to learn more about how to care for these awesome plants and get some more! Through the different articles and threads here, I was able to give Aphrodite good care and she was thriving this summer <3 I've never had a plant do so well or one I loved so much!
Sadly, this fall Aphrodite was attacked by my jealous cat... who ate ALL the traps D: I am still holding out hope for my beloved plant but also very worried about her, especially as it's approaching the time for a dormancy period with winter coming.
All this to say, I'm very excited to be here and also please let me know if you have any advice for a complete noob on dormancy, nursing plants back to health, or anything else! I also have looked to get another Venus fly trap plant but haven't known where to get one so any advice regarding that would be awesome as well!
By evenwind
Welcome! Since you managed to keep Aphrodite happy for months, you're definitely on the right track. As far as another VFT, you won't go wrong with Matt and Leah(our Forum sponsors) at the FlyTrapStore http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/
By Apollyon
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your plant (Cats appear to be public enemy #1). Perhaps some kind of cage to protect it? Flytraps are surprisingly tough and resilient provided their basic needs are met. I wouldn't sweat it too much. The new leaves/traps it'll produce will likely be smaller and towards the crown (they're even starting to do that here in Florida). Dormancy is something they will naturally do if you leave the plant outside. It takes cues from the environment on its own. I second evenwind's recommendation. Flytrapstore has all kinds of fun flytraps and their stock changes all the time. I've purchased a few plants from them and they've always been great. Can also see if anyone on the forum is interested or has something to sell/trade. There's a sales/trades/wants section on the forum.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!