FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Copper2
Ok, so I have a small unrooted Heliamphora division which has been without roots for a few months. It has not dried up or anything. It is planted in live sphagnum, and has rooting powder on the base. It’s pot is covered with a sandwich bag to keep in humidity. I give it maxsea occasionally in the three pitchers it has but it looks like the pitchers can’t hold water. It is under a small led light right now, but will be back under the Mars hydro (which it was under before) as soon as the grow room is properly set up.

So what else can I do to get this thing to root? It’s pretty important for me to get this one rooted since it’s a Burgandy Black
By Copper2
No, I haven’t tried superthrive yet. I can get some, but do you think it will still take this far along?
By Shadowtski
For me, Heliamphora is a slow motion plant.
I only have one species, H. nutans.
It takes forever to root and grow.
I check on mine maybe once a month to see if it's doing anything and push down the live Sphagnum that's trying to overgrow it.
By Copper2
I’m giving it the ultimate blast then. It’s time this thing thrives or dies. I don’t have time for a slow growing thing that is not going to get more amazing than it is right now. Heli, prepare for being soaked in the ultimate concoction ever invented by plant growers!
By Copper2
Ultimate Blast is TC media that you soak the plants in for 24 hours. Then you keep replacing it. So technically non sterile tissue culture
Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!