FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By danielfivetoes
So last night we had 3" of rain and winds gusting to 50 MPH. My little Harbor freight Greenhouse this morning was rock solid with only the door off its bottom track. Amazing. I think it cost me $300 plus the base supports I used as a foundation. So all told about $400.00. I can't tell you what a great value it is. If anyone has looked at buying one I tell you it is money well spent.
By cjpflaumer
That's funny I was just looking at that exact green house last night online. I was wondering if the main supports were flimsy. I guess that answered my question!! That's good to know thanks for sharing.
By danielfivetoes
I think my success with it is that i put it on 4 x4 pressure treated base and then adding on one side put in a 2 x4 shelf system that was connected both to the greenhouse and the foundation. I also screwed all the panels into place plus the clips provided. It took me a couple of day to get it done but well worth the effort.
By Dionae
I agree with Daniel. Crazy winds and gusts here and the only problem i've had was panels blowing off which was solved with a box of self tapping screws. The structure is pretty solid once its together. I hate the door on the thing though and plan on taking mine off and building one. I'm also going to upgrade to the 10x12 next spring.
By happiness
cjpflaumer wrote:That's funny I was just looking at that exact green house last night online. I was wondering if the main supports were flimsy. I guess that answered my question!! That's good to know thanks for sharing.
That's funny! MY boyfriend told me earlier today about that greenhouse, and showed me a picture. Pretty sure the price was at 299.99.
If I had the greenhouse, would I never have to worry about my plants frosting? Or is that still possible?
By danielfivetoes
Well I still here in Wilmington have a heater when it gets down to the 20's. With that I am able to keep the greenhouse at 55 overnight.
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!