FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Panna
I received my plant in great condition after my worries of overseas shipping, unfortunately it lost both of the pitchers it came with even with bagging for a month. But it's kept putting out new growth each time (admittedly smaller pitchers) than the ones it had when it arrived.

I'm not bagging her (hopefully female lol) anymore after a month but I've noticed some damage to the leaves, should I be concerned about the blackened leaf on the left?

It's being grown under 2 T5 24w 6400k bulbs about 6 inches away from the rosette. I've noticed some red on the leaves so if needed I can back off the light an inch or 2 if that's a problem. Would love the input. Thanks guys.
Attachments:
May 3 Day of arrival.
May 3 Day of arrival.
HAMATA1.PNG (1.87 MiB) Viewed 2082 times
May 15
May 15
HAMATA2.PNG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2082 times
June 13
June 13
HAMATA3.PNG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 2082 times
June 15
June 15
HAMATA4.PNG (1.64 MiB) Viewed 2082 times
By PetroleumJunkie412
Looks like light damage to me. Not sure though. Are you seeing the meristem continue to grow, or has the plant stalled out?
PetroleumJunkie412 liked this
By Panna
PetroleumJunkie412 wrote:Looks like light damage to me. Not sure though. Are you seeing the meristem continue to grow, or has the plant stalled out?
It hasn't stalled growth yet, each leaf is a tiny bit bigger than the next, I was concerned with light intensity but the pitchers that have come out since It's been semi-acclimated seem ok...(red but ok)
By PetroleumJunkie412
Panna wrote:
PetroleumJunkie412 wrote:Looks like light damage to me. Not sure though. Are you seeing the meristem continue to grow, or has the plant stalled out?
It hasn't stalled growth yet, each leaf is a tiny bit bigger than the next, I was concerned with light intensity but the pitchers that have come out since It's been semi-acclimated seem ok...(red but ok)
If it hasn't stalled, I wouldn't worry all that much. Plenty of my plants that are grown together in the same photoperiod get testy with me because they are receiving too much or too little light. How many hours is your timer set for?

Keep in mind, my only hamata experience is with the burkei x hamata. However, that is probably the third least picky plant I have dealt with.
PetroleumJunkie412 liked this
Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!