FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
So I requested Utricularia bisquamata seeds. How is it recommended to grow these? Should I just stick them in a pot with peat? How wet should i keep the soil? How deep are their roots(do they have any?). I'd love to have a massive pot of them because they're so pretty. Eventually I'll plant some in my vft and sarr pots. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By twitcher
Never grown from seed, but as to water level, I would keep it high but do not cover the seed with water. I'd keep the pot in a tray/clear container so that you can monitor the water level and add water without disturbing or burying the seed. I generally keep the water level 1-2" below the surface for my terrestrial ultrics, but be sure to never dry out. That is working well for me.

I would consider using U. sandersonii for the purpose you mention. The flowers are much more fun, at least for me.
By Cross
twitcher wrote:Never grown from seed, but as to water level, I would keep it high but do not cover the seed with water. I'd keep the pot in a tray/clear container so that you can monitor the water level and add water without disturbing or burying the seed. I generally keep the water level 1-2" below the surface for my terrestrial ultrics, but be sure to never dry out. That is working well for me.

I would consider using U. sandersonii for the purpose you mention. The flowers are much more fun, at least for me.
Those are very lovely. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for them. They are gorgeous!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By twitcher
Yes, I just got mine a little bit ago and they just started blooming.
Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!