FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By blueovalgal
Hi,

I am a Nepenthes newbie grower and have been able to keep my three "adult" plants and seven "baby" plants alive for the past couple of months. Yay, to me! One of my larger "adult" plants is in a hanging basket, but since it's heavy with pitchers, the basket and the plants are starting to grow crooked. I was thinking of repotting it and adding a totem pole plant support into the pot.

Has anyone tried this? Should I just leave it alone and allow it to grow downwards? Hope that all made sense.

Thanks!
By Fieldofscreams
You can do whatever you want really.

In the summer I let it all hang out and when I bring them in for the winter I stick plant stakes into the pots and tie them up since space is limited in the house.

The rumor is that if you let them hang over the side it promotes basil growth. But since I have a ventrata it will basil regardless of what I do lol
Fieldofscreams liked this
By blueovalgal
Fieldofscreams wrote:You can do whatever you want really.

In the summer I let it all hang out and when I bring them in for the winter I stick plant stakes into the pots and tie them up since space is limited in the house.

The rumor is that if you let them hang over the side it promotes basil growth. But since I have a ventrata it will basil regardless of what I do lol
I think the rumor is true! The plant pot I'm thinking of doing this to is currently hanging over and down its pot, and I noticed there was a basal baby plant.

Thank you for the response! I think I will look for stake and let it hang loose, too. :)

(Edit to add photos of said plant.)
Attachments:
IMG_6189.jpg
IMG_6189.jpg (284.6 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
IMG_6191.jpg
IMG_6191.jpg (450.51 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
IMG_6190.jpg
IMG_6190.jpg (549.25 KiB) Viewed 4076 times

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!