FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
Back to original post...

It's the day before Christmas and all through the house not a creature is stirring... except Rachel with her camera.

"Oh it's you, human."

"..."

"Really?"

At least one of us is looking forward to Christmas!

And here is Beatrice.
Grey, Grey, Grey and 1 others liked this
By Grey
Back to original post...

I have a tin whistle/flute... and Skatty goes absolutely mad when I play it. He's a very cuddly cat anyway, but he goes into overdrive and won't stop meowing, purring, kneading everything and trying to climb on my head and groom me. It's... crazy!

Here are some Mexican Pinguicula photos. Plants are adjusting to growing in the tufa, and I'm adjusting to growing them in the tufa. Hah!

Divisions are doing OK, going all succulent on me.

Looks like more P. 'Tina' divisions are on the way. :)
Grey, Grey, Grey and 1 others liked this
By Grey
Back to original post...

Thanks tish. They seem to be all right, considering the weirdness of our weather at the moment. :)

Just two photos for this week's update, sorry I've not been around more. Lots going on, concentration is elsewhere at the moment.

It's nice to see some new plants growing, though. I've not photographed the process previously, so this is good. :)
Grey liked this
By Grey
Back to original post...

Hey ironjaws, good to hear from you. How are you doing?

I've got some photos here that I took 2nd Feb that I hadn't gotten to uploading, so I'll post them now. I'm trying to get back into the habit of taking and uploading photos, so we'll see how it goes. I do apologise for the lack of updates, and thank you all for your patience.

Pinguicula 'Weser' in egg shell, sand and perlite mix:

Pinguicula 'Tina' in egg shell, sand and perlite mix:

Pinguicula 'Tina' leaf pulling strikes, they look really succulent:

Onto the tufa Pings...
P. esseriana, P. jaumavensis, P. rotundifolia

P. 'Weser', Beatrice:

P. 'Tina', different plants on two separate pieces of tufa; this is the first year I've had P. 'Tina' go fully succulent. Yay!

P. 'Jannes':
Grey liked this
By Grey
I have a random bunch of photos on this camera ("this camera" being the camera I thought was behind me but actually is somewhere... huh, where did I put that thing...) that I've been meaning to upload for over a month. Where's the facepalm emote? I'll get to it soon. I hope. Ahhh!! In the meantime, it's safe to say that the Pings are doing all right and are still very succulent-ish; I've had a job keeping the larger chunk of tufa damp so moved the plants to the smaller, shallower piece of rock which is absorbing water much better.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!