FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Jackpurps
New member from California, I started growing an outdoor collection in 2013 up to a few years after until I got too busy to tend to them and they sadly perished. I had a few typical flytraps, a massive purple pitcher plant (ssp venosa), cape sundew, a nepenthes, and a very tall growing “cobra nest.” I believe I had some small unknown hybrid sarrs as well.

This year I started getting back into growing carnivorous plants, but this time growing indoors under full spectrum lights. My collection consists of a red dragon vft, Bill Bailey Nepenthes, Purpurea Venosa, Purpurea Purpurea, Cape sundew, Red Capesudew, and a very large Drosera graomogolensis (unsure if it has a common name). I have a fat chance rosea and an extra large Nepenthes spathulata on the way as of this being posted. King Sundew is next on my list as they are incredible. Anyways thanks for reading and that’s a little introduction to my collection.
By evenwind
Welcome!
By MaxVft
Welcome to the FTC forums!
By Brent Mercer
Hi I’m in Fresno ca! It just got 106! And we are growing carnivorous plants here even outdoors, but I do shade like 10-30% till it gets below 95.
- it’s normally only 15% humidity here. So I’ve tried in the past before the book and all the you tube videos, to grow em - successfully until I did to much shade or not potted enough.
Now I’m trying to give em full sun as much as lossible. But we’ve had 2 months over 100.
ChefDean, MaxVft liked this
N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!