FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By EasyGrowsIt
Hello all!
I’ve been a long time grower of this and that for the better part of my life, over 20 years.
I’ve grown CPs on and off, both temperate and tropical. Since relocating to Florida from the MidAtlantic, I’ve indulged in growing lowland nepenthes and have recently started acquiring warm temperate species for outdoor growing.
I currently have a handful of sundews, giant VFT clones from FTS, and 20ish lowland nepenthes species.

I also grow other assorted Tropicals that catch my eye, from African Violets, aroids to euphorbias, orchids and ferns, palms, aralia, ficus…..if it catches my eye, I’ll give it a try!

I also enjoy fish keeping, reptiles and amphibians, and wildlife/exotic animal husbandry. I no longer have any reptiles or fish, but my history and interest in animal husbandry precedes my interest in plants.
Bill Phoenix liked this
By EasyGrowsIt
I accidentally hit submit before finishing!
Anyway, I hope to contribute to and find community here and have enjoyed the many thoughtful discussions here.
By IoanAdam
Welcome! You can always find nice and helpful people here like Panman, Chefdean and many others!
By ChefDean
IoanAdam wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:30 pm Welcome! You can always find nice and helpful people here like Panman, Chefdean and many others!
Not true, ChefDean is just a crabby old guy with too much time on his hands. Trust me, I know him personally.
But he makes a mean Pumpkin Cheesecake and Bourbon Buttermilk Banana Bread.
Panman, TrapsAndDews liked this
By Panman
ChefDean wrote:But he makes a mean Pumpkin Cheesecake and Bourbon Buttermilk Banana Bread.
Now that is mean! To name such delicious sounding delicacies and keep them all to yourself. Not nice indeed!
By thepitchergrower
ChefDean wrote:
IoanAdam wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:30 pm Welcome! You can always find nice and helpful people here like Panman, Chefdean and many others!

Not true, ChefDean is just a crabby old guy with too much time on his hands. Trust me, I know him personally.
But he makes a mean Pumpkin Cheesecake and Bourbon Buttermilk Banana Bread.
Somehow, I was on Terraforums, and I found Chefdeans Profile picture.... Creative and colorful..
By EasyGrowsIt
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I’d be very eager to network with any local CP growers or vacationers who want to check out some local CPs.
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!