FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By alankinguk
Hi There, I live in Dorset in the South West of the UK. I am trying Flytraps for the first time in a Terrarium (it being usually too cold and wet here in the UK to plant them outside - even in the South West!)
Matt had kindly given me some tips and I will keep you updated on how they get on :D
By Solarin
Welcome aboard the Dionaea express. It is nice to have you join in. I think that it’s great that your plants are terrarium grown. May be you can give updates on there progress and feed back on your trials and errors, (if there are any). I am thinking about starting a small little terrarium at my desk at work, (kind of a sanctuary garden to loose the turmoil of the day). Look forward to your participation and learning from your experiences.

Best regards,
Curtis
By Carl
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. VFT's don't do to bad in the UK I live in the Midlands (Shropshire) and I grow them outside a little slow coming out of dormancy compared to the ones in the greenhouse but at the moment looking as good as the one in my main collection. The only thing I would say about growing in a terrarium is don’t forget the dormancy period.

Carl
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!