FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
ftc community,

It's been a while since i don't create another posting with questions haha.

I have a green house, and i want to know what are the temperatures inside the green house during winter with no heater, http://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogDispl ... greenhouse , this is the one that i have, so let's say is 15F outside, and i left my greenhouse outside, what would be the temps inside the greenhouse?, let's say the greenhouse didn't get sunlight because of snow, or rain during the winter, what would be the temps?, or it get the morning sun, but not the afternoon sunlight?, and what would be the temps in summer inside the greenhouse?, let's say i build one outside, and of course is impossible to bring it inside, and its cold outside, and the greenhouse is totally close, not air can penetrate the greenhouse, and its snowing, raining, with temps between 12-35F outside, what would be the temps inside, and also the greenhouse i have has no cover in the bottom, so air can come from below, what would be the temps then during winter?

Any help would be really appreciated!!!!!!!
By Matt
Temperature inside the greenhouse is going to be very dependent upon where the greenhouse is placed. If you don't heat the greenhouse and it's 15°F outside, it will be 15°F inside as well once all the heat is lost. The more soil and plants that are in it, the longer it will stay warmer, but without a heater, it will eventually get to the same temperatures as outside (or close).

In the sun, greenhouses heat up quickly. The only way to answer your questions is to buy a thermometer and see what the temps are :)
Matt liked this
By jht-union
Matt wrote:Temperature inside the greenhouse is going to be very dependent upon where the greenhouse is placed. If you don't heat the greenhouse and it's 15°F outside, it will be 15°F inside as well once all the heat is lost. The more soil and plants that are in it, the longer it will stay warmer, but without a heater, it will eventually get to the same temperatures as outside (or close).

In the sun, greenhouses heat up quickly. The only way to answer your questions is to buy a thermometer and see what the temps are :)

I have a thermomether, i guess i will have to try it just to see by how much the temps rise or decrease, i will need a whole day in the house, i'll see if i have time soon!

Thanks!
By dantt99
As Matt said, the temperature of the greenhouse will change based on the outdoor temperatures, unless you heat the greenhouse. If you have The Savage Garden (I just got it a couple days ago, and it is the best book I have read! Much info on everything you could ask about CPs) It has a whole few pages on different greenhouses and temperatures inside of them.
dantt99 liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!