FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello all,
I just recieved my first-ever order from the seed bank,but I don't have a grow light to germinate them.I just keep most of my CPs outside in full sun,but the ones that stay inside have a fluorescent bulb coming from the counter,attached to a bulb outlet.Well,I can't just use that to germinate my seedlings,because it is high in the air(about 2 feet),so I need a good big one that I can put in my room.And I mean 'cheap' as in 'cheap',like right around the 20 dollar mark(preferably from Amazon).I wanted to get something like a mars hydro,but those things are just too darn expensive for me.Please put any suggestions In,which are highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a good day,
Max
By murrkywaters
I've successfully germinated sundews outdoors in Las Vegas. Getting them past seedling stage required more water than I could consistently provide, but that's a different story. Unless you live somewhere with very little light this time of year, the cheapest option is the big nuclear reation above.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

By MaxVft
Oh,I never knew you could germinate outdoors!The reason I didn't want to germinate outdoors is because according to growsundews.com,I have to cover the pots with saran wrap.I figured I would get mold issues if I put them outside.Also,should I bring the seedlings inside when it rains or gets cold outside?
By murrkywaters
Your climate may vary but I domed it for a little while, but didn't have success until I left it uncovered. Check your usda hardiness zone to see if it'll work for you. My $0.02 is that there isn't seran wrap in nature and the dews propagate there just fine. You might get better germination rates indoors with high humidity, and a grow light. Outside is free

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Supercazzola liked this
Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!