FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By laidback
Thanks! I know this sounds really n00bey, but what's FTS? Anyways, I just decided to add "Joe" to the list as a joke :P . So, thanks for choosing Crimson Sawtooth (for now) :D . Glad I could help, even if very little.
By Steve_D
laidback wrote:Thanks! I know this sounds really n00bey, but what's FTS? Anyways, I just decided to add "Joe" to the list as a joke :P . So, thanks for choosing Crimson Sawtooth (for now) :D . Glad I could help, even if very little.
The "FTS" in front of the name designates the origin, FlyTrap Store. Sometimes it helps in the future for such origins to be specified. For example BCP Z01 means clone Z01 from Best Carnivorous Plants (a European tissue culture lab).
By Matt
"FTS Crimson Sawtooth" will be available starting tomorrow at 10AM PST. Quantities will be limited, and plants are sold on a first come first serve basis. I'm hoping that by giving advanced notice to FlytrapCare forum people they have an advantage over others.

Thanks for your interest everyone!
By Lawndude84
I'm assuming these plants are straight out of TC? Or are they hardened off dormant plants?
By Matt
Lawndude84 wrote:I'm assuming these plants are straight out of TC? Or are they hardened off dormant plants?
Yes, they're straight out of TC. I've had them deflasked for a few months now though and growing under fluorescent lights on a 16 hour photoperiod. They haven't had a dormancy yet, so you can keep them under lights or in a sunny window and then move them outside when the temperatures start getting warmer.
By 95slvrZ28
Matt wrote:"FTS Crimson Sawtooth" will be available starting tomorrow at 10AM PST. Quantities will be limited, and plants are sold on a first come first serve basis. I'm hoping that by giving advanced notice to FlytrapCare forum people they have an advantage over others.

Thanks for your interest everyone!
Good think I have a break in classes at that time! :D
By Matt
I figured I'd post here as well about the other new product the FlytrapStore will have starting tomorrow. A "Red Typical" Venus fly trap. For more information see here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =38&t=4198
By Matt
CanadianCephalotus wrote:Very cool! This reminds me of a lighter coloured "scarlet bristle" http://www.keehnscarnivores.com/index.htm
It's actually the same color from what I can tell so far. It's a very deep burgundy color. I think it's a bit smaller in size than the "Scarlet Bristle" though.
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!