FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By CanadianCephalotus
Matt wrote:
CanadianCephalotus wrote:Very cool! This reminds me of a lighter coloured "scarlet bristle" http://www.keehnscarnivores.com/index.htm
It's actually the same color from what I can tell so far. It's a very deep burgundy color. I think it's a bit smaller in size than the "Scarlet Bristle" though.
Hi Matt,

I feel like apologising considering I was ignorant enough to not look at the most recent posts to find that my comment has been said :oops: . By repeating what others have said it seems as if I am trying to contradict your cool cultivar and claim it's a scarlet bristle, so again beautiful vft and sorry for the mistake :).
By Matt
No need to apologize CC. "FTS Crimson Sawtooth" may or may not be similar to "Scarlet Bristle" and/or 'Bohemian Garnet'. Time will tell. But either way, there isn't good availability of either of those clones in the US right now, so "FTS Crimson Sawtooth" is an option for those VFT growers out there that want some sort of red sawtooth Venus fly trap.
By grant
oh wow. this type is really beautiful, Matt and Steve. I haven't been on the forum for a while, but it looks like things are going great here and at the store :D
By jkochuni
I received the 'FTS Crimson Sawtooth' in great condition. I'm interested to see what the color will look like after a month or two under my grow lights. I'll snap some photos when they have had time to adjust.
By Matt
I've been getting quite a few requests from people asking about the availability of this plant. I'm going to have a few more up for sale starting tomorrow (Tuesday) at this time 10am PST. I have to do inventory today to know how many, but there should be at least a couple up for sale in the FlytrapStore.
Matt liked this
By Andrew
Although I'm a bit late to the discussion :P, another beautiful clone. Usually my family goes to Maine during the summer, but I have course training this summer and wont be able to go :( I would have had to buy some FTS Fly Traps.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!