FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Goodkoalie
I am so sorrey, i thought this was closed, i just startified and planted my last sarracenia seeds of the year, when they grow, i will let you know and i will send you some.
By xr280xr
I've only had one sprout so far. It's showing 2 little leaves and the seed shell is still stuck on one of them but it seems to have almost stopped growing for the last week after it reached 2-3mm high. Is that normal?
By xr280xr
Sorry man, I kept meaning to take a pic and forgetting all this time. Here's one of it from today! It was the only one to germinate. Any guesses who the parents were? Looks like S. minor maybe.

By jwbates26
xr280xr wrote:Looks like S. minor maybe.
Almost all Sarra seedlings will look the same until they're a little more mature.

Looks like its growing well. They are fun germinate but you have to be patient because they sure grow slowly.
By xr280xr
jwbates26 wrote:Almost all Sarra seedlings will look the same until they're a little more mature.
That's what I was afraid of. I'm surprised how tiny the first sprout that has become the main stem has stayed.
By jwbates26
xr280xr wrote:
jwbates26 wrote:Almost all Sarra seedlings will look the same until they're a little more mature.
That's what I was afraid of. I'm surprised how tiny the first sprout that has become the main stem has stayed.
lol. Are you wanting a minor? I thought the same thing when I first got a mixed seed package. I was excited because I thought it was a minor but then they just turned out to be some leuco hybrids. Once the seedlings start getting larger traps it will fill out and start looking like a typical rhizome. I've notice with most of my seedlings it isn't until they start growing somewhere from 3 to 4 inch traps that they start getting a nice rhizome.
By Goodkoalie
So i took the rest of the sarr seed, and germanated it, in late july and the leaves are huge, already 3 inches tall, most of them are flavas, yours does not look like a flava, mabey a prostate species?
By WaSundew
I would like sone Sarr seeds- but can you PM me on SASE details before you put me down for some?
By WaSundew
Wait never mind haha just saw when this was posted
By xr280xr
jwbates26 wrote:lol. Are you wanting a minor?
No, I just figured if I ventured a guess, someone would tell me they all look like that. I have a couple minors, at least I did before the last 10 days of freezing. I should probably check on them...
By jrtsan
Hi Goodkoalie! Can I please get some seeds from you too? do you have any of "Big Mouth" or 'Vigorous' or B52 I read about that grow fast? I am starting a vivarium that will be at 75% humidity and 80 degrees F or so. There will be lots of Sphagnum for them which I read is good. Please let me know what my next step is like my address and where to send you money for postage and your time. Thanks! My last effort failed for my kids - we waited months and they never even sprouted. I'm gathering the refrigerator instructions may not have been so good. Thanks!
Jamie
Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!