FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By theflytrapboy
so i only have a crappy pic of the for now. ill upload it later. so one of my flytraps is flowering a bit late. depending on how many flower buds it makes ( consequently anmount of seeds) i will give one little bud to each person. or about 5 seeds if it doesnt make much flower because i want to have at least 10 for me and at the very least 5 but preferably 10 for kitty also so ill do 3 things. please note this is not a guarantee so you do not have to send the adress to me until it actuallly makes the flower.( squirrels are quite pesky) but i expect the squirrels to leave them alone for now. so you probably will get them. oh and should i self pollinate or let bugs do it? please give suggestions! im using my own money to pay for this/ and thus will not be shipping to other countries.
sooooo.... add your name to the list here!

1.kittyklaws ( yes kitty you get it first!)
2.___________
3.___________
By theflytrapboy
oh and btw everyone since im not feeling well today and didnt go to school i cant go outside to see whats goin on with the stalk today. updates tomorro morning at 5 am, so be on the forum then to get the LATEST UPDATES ON STALK!
By theflytrapboy
oh and instead of bugs should i do just taking pollen from a blooming plant i have? ( i have lots of flowers) such as ornamental poppy,rose, etc?
By Amac
I'm pretty sure you can't pollenate a VFT flower with another species of flower, the pollen doesn't match the Dioneae stigma. and I'm really not sure Dioneae can be self-pollinated (by their own flowers) so you're out of luck if you only have one VFT flowering.

Sorry bud!
By MichaelG
They can be self pollinated but they will not produce as robust seeds and there will not be as many. You need to take the pollen from the flower (or another flower of VFT) and transfer it to the stigma when the stigma looks fuzzy (about a day after it first blooms).

Good luck!
By limeslide
1 kittyklaws
2 limeslide
By Andrew
Ill take some if you will ship to Canada. Please PM me if you can / cant.
By theflytrapboy
im sorry but i cant. i am on very limited money right now.
By HarrisAz
HEY REALLY u can give free vtf seeds?if can,can u ship it to MALAYSIA?.if can,i'll give my adress
By theflytrapboy
im sorry but i am still limited in money. cant ship to malaysia.
By Rockburns
sure ill take some! also, my cape sundews first flower opened and closed today, so if u send me some of these seeds ill send u some of mine as soon as there done ;). btw im in southern california too
Rockburns liked this
By theflytrapboy
kay to all the people in the US that replied count yourself on the list for next year spring because as i was gone at six flags today, i found the top broken off of the flower :(( next year in spring ill get to you guys
dont forget!
theflytrapboy liked this
By theflytrapboy
yeah lol. does any one here have just at least one suggestion on how to protect this from happening to the plants again?
theflytrapboy liked this
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!