FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Bud
Well this is what I woke to this morning in NW suburbs of Chicago. Hope this is winters last stand. This past week we had temps in the 50s to mid 60s- but that’s Chicago for you.
Normally this time of year I had it with snow, but this could not come in a better time. I have many Cp’s coming in by next week, with many mature Sarracenia rhizomes and could use the water for making up soil.

The large planters you see are for the Sarracenia. The garbage Can is a new clean one that I was going to make into another tumble compost bin, luckily I haven’t cut any air holes in it yet. I know some of you are getting excited right now; (NO- the compost is not for CP’S). The can and planters will serve as a nice reservoir to gather a lot of water for my new CP’s this will help save a few bucks on the initial water making up all that soil.

Well it’s time to go out scooping

Take care

Bud
Attachments:
Free Water
Free Water
freewater.jpg (48.11 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
By Adam
Even on the west coast, the winter has been lasting waaaay too long. I visited a nursery and they grow their VFTs in a green house all year round. They move them to a cold greenhouse for 3 months during the winter. I've decided to do the same and bring my VFTs into my sunny south facing office which has a big sliding door. It gets nice and warm in there. If I can reproduce the Willmington temperatures then I can extend their growing season by quite a lot. Otherwise, I won't see any growth till May.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!