FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Esly
I wanna buy alll teh plants >________<

But my dad says i have to many already D:
So maybe I'll kill some on purpose :twisted: Hehe. Just kidding

But i will be buying plants... very very soon..... then I'll make a graph of how many plants i buy per month...
Cuz I'm a nerd...
like that.. :geek:
By lemonlily
Congratulations!

I just want to say that some parts doesn't say how much soil comes in a bag.

It was funny how the silica sand was so expensive and I thought you purposely overpriced it. But then I was like... Right....... The shipping. Silica sand is really heavy... Ahaha...

Also I don't understand the chart for plant sizes, if it's in inches, which part of the plant measures?
By Nickrober
Congratulations Matt. I think it will be big.

Any plants to offer Ventrata in the future? :D
By Matt
lemonlily wrote:I just want to say that some parts doesn't say how much soil comes in a bag.
I'm not sure I understand. You choose the size you want, either a quart or gallon sized bag.
lemonlily wrote:It was funny how the silica sand was so expensive and I thought you purposely overpriced it.
The shipping is included in the price of the silica sand too, where it's not for the other media. That's why it appears so much more expensive.
lemonlily wrote:Also I don't understand the chart for plant sizes, if it's in inches, which part of the plant measures?
I'm not sure what you don't understand. The part of the plant being measured is stated in the sizing chart. Sizing chart is here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/sizing-chart
for Venus fly traps, it's the diameter of the plant (i.e. Small = Around 2 inch diameter). For Sarracenia, it's the height of the pitchers (i.e. Small = Pitchers around 3 to 4 inches tall).
By watnazn
Nice job Matt. Good luck with this store, and I hope you get lots of sales.
By branpera
Are you planing on adding any different types of VFT cultivars?
How far off in the future if you are?
Also was there someone else you were working with to add plants to the store? I seem to remember seeing somthing about someone in a recent post.
Just another idea you could say how many plants you have left instead of just (In stock) (Out of stock)
By MichaelG
Did you change the forum format? It's being weird on my browser at least... I don't like it. It's like everything is bigger and when i scroll stuff blurs together and the text messes up and overlaps itself. Maybe it's just me?

PS I read through the store's pages and couldn't find anymore typos. I'll let you know if I do.
By Matt
branpera wrote:Are you planing on adding any different types of VFT cultivars?
How far off in the future if you are?
Yes, I actually have quite a few entered into the database already, but I haven't made them visible on the site yet. I've thought about making them visible so that people get get on the notification list. I'll probably make them visible in a couple of months when I have a better idea of which and how many of each plant I'll have available in the future. I should have many more cultivars available in the spring time.
branpera wrote:Also was there someone else you were working with to add plants to the store? I seem to remember seeing somthing about someone in a recent post.
Yes, Jason and I are still trading cultures, but he's going to run his own store.
branpera wrote:Just another idea you could say how many plants you have left instead of just (In stock) (Out of stock)
Good idea. I'll look into doing that.
By Matt
MichaelG wrote:Did you change the forum format? It's being weird on my browser at least... I don't like it. It's like everything is bigger and when i scroll stuff blurs together and the text messes up and overlaps itself. Maybe it's just me?

PS I read through the store's pages and couldn't find anymore typos. I'll let you know if I do.
No, I didn't change anything on the forum. That's a weird problem that you're seeing. Sometimes when my cats walk on my keyboard I'm surprised with oddities like that :)

Thanks again for proofreading the store. I appreciate it. I'm happy to hear that you haven't found any more.
By lemonlily
Oops, isn't diameter the same as width? If it is, I don't get how you measure the plant.

Ahaha I never knew your cat walks on the keyboard!
By lemonlily
Oh, okay. Thanks for the information.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!