FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
Shadowtski wrote:
Kevin Miller wrote:How long does it normally take to get seed from order to delivery
The Seed Bank Manager (that's me, folks) usually takes care of filling orders on Sunday.

However if I have real life stuff happening, orders might wait an extra week.

The seed bank is a community gig, it is run by one retired, decrepit old fart.

It is not a business.

Good growing,
Mike
You're not a retired, decrepit old fart. Just a retired old fart. You still get around, so you don't count as decrepit lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By boarderlib
Quick question or two Mike, does the "any donor" rule override the "active" membership rule? Also is there a time limit on the "donor" rule? I'm looking at getting some madagascareinsis seeds for a project and stupid me I gave all my extra seeds away awhile back.

Thanks as always buddy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Shadowtski
boarderlib wrote:Quick question or two Mike, does the "any donor" rule override the "active" membership rule? Also is there a time limit on the "donor" rule? I'm looking at getting some madagascareinsis seeds for a project and stupid me I gave all my extra seeds away awhile back.

Thanks as always buddy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Donors are for life.
You may have been active elsewhere for a while, but you have given a great deal to the Forum.
You're eligible to request anything.
By JoshDoe
Hi not sure if the seed bank has been moved completely but I wanted to get my request for April in in case it had.

Thanks!
By ChefDean
JoshDoe wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:29 am Hi not sure if the seed bank has been moved completely but I wanted to get my request for April in in case it had.

Thanks!
No, it has not been moved and reopened yet. We anticipated a quick transition after the existing requests had been fulfilled, but things happen. Nobody even fathomed a nationwide shutdown and stay at home order.
When it reopens, an announcement will be made, and requests can resume.
Hopefully I can make that announcement soon, but the safety and health of our members is priority. We'll wait until the current manager feels it's safe to send the seeds to me.
By uxleumas
"Otherwise, you have 3 months active membership and 25 non giveaway posts. "
is membership free? is membership just being registered or do you have to pay to use the seedbank? also, if i want to donate extra seeds, how could i do this? (after the seed bank has opened again)
thanks! :D
By sanguinearocks101
To be a member you just have to have an account. The only cost for using the seedbank is for the stamps and envelope for the SASE. If you want to donate extra seeds you can contact the seedbank manager(currently ChefDean)
By crazy_carnivores
sanguinearocks101 wrote:
crazy_carnivores wrote:if you donate seeds, will you have access to any inventory class?
Yes
If I donate inventory class 1 seeds, will I have access to inventory class three?
By Herbz187
crazy_carnivores wrote:
sanguinearocks101 wrote:
crazy_carnivores wrote:if you donate seeds, will you have access to any inventory class?
Yes
If I donate inventory class 1 seeds, will I have access to inventory class three?
Any donation works.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Drosera Seedlings - Not Getting Bigger

Ok, but like, the entire plants are like 1 mm in s[…]

I do have your SASE, I will let you know when it g[…]

Cape Sundew Death???

On a side note, are you using distilled water or r[…]

Species guessing game

"Gigantea"?

My thoughts are that the plant is just catching it[…]

Seeds arrived. Thank you again.

SASE sent out today.

Order received. Your order number is 0121. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!