FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

News, sales and Announcements about the FlytrapStore

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D

(From Steve)
Hello all-- The 2011 Dionaea seed harvest has begun. Yesterday (May 16) the first mature seed pod was harvested. It yielded 22 seeds. :) Although seeds from this harvest won't be available at FlytrapStore.com for another month or so, we still have enough seed from the last harvest to supply the likely demand, and the germination rate continues to be fairly high (over 70%). Every year has different Venus Flytrap clones as parents, so last year's harvest is still valuable for its unique mix of seed.

For anyone who has been thinking about getting a Jaws Venus Flytrap, now is an excellent time. Not only do we have a fairly generous stock right now, but they are looking really great and growing vigorously. Although the traps are not as red as they can get, a little time on your patio or in your window, with lots of sun, should bring out that striking, deep red trap color that Jaws develops so well. And the price for Jaws has been reduced a dollar for both young and mature sizes.

It's a great growing season here at "Flytrap Store South" in New Mexico. The greenhouse is just brimming with plants and every day many are placed outside to feast on dairy flies and soak up the bright New Mexico sun. Happy growing everyone. -Steve
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!