Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
bottomcup
bottomcup
IMG_6380 (2).jpg (119.89 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
IMG_6380 (3).jpg (15.16 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
IMG_6376 (3)closebaby#1.jpg (19.49 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
I have a mix ready for these seedlings(?) and not sure if I should start with a straight NZLSPM or I made a mix of peat perlite and sand. ? If I stay with the soil mix, I can keep them growing with my Drosera seeds. Regardless, I can still put a few pieces of NZLSPM on top and mushed into the soil if that would help. I just want to help their survival. I'm about to put all my germinating seeds in a more protected spot and seal up the germinating chambers. They are getting rained on right now. A sprinkle is ok but. :roll:

I think I have 2 new sprouts germinated(ing) :shock:

1 is obvious but the other is just busting out. :lol: 8-)

I just got these vft seeds from the fts - July 2017 harvest. yippie. I just put them in the cup of water with some rain water slush I had(it had debris in it) and left them outside on the porch in varied sunlight and they germinated pretty fast. Idk exacly, but less than 2 weeks I think.

Thanks a lot yall.
By thatonechick371
They'll be fine if you make a peat and sand mix and then just gently pour the water with the germinating seeds on top. I cover mine with a Ziploc for about a month and then I take off the Ziploc put them outside lol. I have great success rates, but others would tell you to take away the Ziploc slowly and acclimate it the plants.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By Fly Trap Hunter
babies
babies
IMG_6680.JPG (272.53 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
thatonechick371 wrote:They'll be fine if you make a peat and sand mix and then just gently pour the water with the germinating seeds on top. I cover mine with a Ziploc for about a month and then I take off the Ziploc put them outside lol. I have great success rates, but others would tell you to take away the Ziploc slowly and acclimate it the plants.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I tried the ziplock bag but I didn't read your post carefully when it said keep inside a month. I think the sprouts that germinated in the water died.(so I learned something) They probably got too hot in the sun. anyway, others have sprouted that were put in sphagnum moss.
By Moshelly1
Hi there I am also growing from seeds trying 2 different methods of growing, first is with wet peat moss and the second is with wet tissue, it's 6 days and roots are starting to grow, I'm curious as to how long it takes to grow first leaf or trap from time when first root appears till first leaf or trap?
Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!