And, onto the home stretch!
I added some pieces of wood, one across, and one on the back wall to fit the pre-filters the way I wanted them.
Then, wired in the fans- didn't end up doing anything fancy with it, just straight to a plug. I suppose I could have wired in a switch or added an outlet but decided to keep it simple (for now at least).
Then, the first pre-filter went into place, and then duct taped in. I was going to use silicone, but then figured if I did want to change them out, duct tape would be much easier to work with.
And the second pre-filter (exact same)
Then, I needed a way to control the air speed as these fans are wayyy too powerful for my hepa, and to achieve the correct air speed (~200cfm). So, I made a very very crude butterfly valve. Its just a wooden plank, screwed in from both sides near the top. I then welded a thin steel rod to the screw head to function as a lever. Its never fully closed due to the slight gaps it leaves, which is probably a good thing - I'm sure the motors do need some air to keep cool.
Here it is fully open. The extra pieces of wood are to keep it from splitting as you see...
In place....with the CP terrarium proudly on top of it all-
I learned from various mushroom growing sites that a crude test for correct air-speed is to be able to blow a lit flame to the side (90 degrees) without blowing it out.
Maybe still a bit too powerful, I'll recalibrate once the plexiglass is on and then set the valve to allow hopefully the ideal amount of air.
So, now all thats left is to get a piece of plexiglass for the top, cover up the exposed wood - likely with some cloth material stapled on. And to find a bigger base, its just sitting on a small drawer unit right now - not exactly the best thing.
So far so good!
As usual, comments are welcome!