FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By KategoricalKarnivore
‘King Henry’ and ‘FTS Maroon Monster’ are the first to open upright springtime traps this year.
Attachments:
E8469E0F-1F1C-4DAD-8CDF-987200155509.jpeg
E8469E0F-1F1C-4DAD-8CDF-987200155509.jpeg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 2136 times
By FlyTrap Hunter
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:‘King Henry’ and ‘FTS Maroon Monster’ are the first to open upright springtime traps this year.
Beautiful! Hope they make BIG beautiful babies.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
FlyTrap Hunter liked this
By PitBulMom
NICE!
PitBulMom liked this
By stevelau1911
Unless you want seeds, i would suggest pulling off the flower stalks as low as possible and sticking them back in the moss and they may turn into a few small traps. Flowering when they are brand new will leave you with some energy drained plants that will take a few months to get going again
By KategoricalKarnivore
stevelau1911 wrote:Unless you want seeds, i would suggest pulling off the flower stalks as low as possible and sticking them back in the moss and they may turn into a few small traps. Flowering when they are brand new will leave you with some energy drained plants that will take a few months to get going again
I alwys let my flytraps flower and harvest the seeds. They grow just fine when they flower. Healthy flytraps barely experience any slowdown in growth in my experience.
By FlyTrap Hunter
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:
stevelau1911 wrote:Unless you want seeds, i would suggest pulling off the flower stalks as low as possible and sticking them back in the moss and they may turn into a few small traps. Flowering when they are brand new will leave you with some energy drained plants that will take a few months to get going again
I alwys let my flytraps flower and harvest the seeds. They grow just fine when they flower. Healthy flytraps barely experience any slowdown in growth in my experience.
A Fly Trap will die if you let it flower is a straight myth. I don't buy it. (Maybe it will die if it has no roots or rhizome and it flowers) And KKs plants are super healthy and not young or unhealthy plants at all. I cut a few flowers already but only because they are typicals and I don't want them mingling with my cultivars.
And Fly Trap flowers are beautiful!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
FlyTrap Hunter liked this
By stevelau1911
One of my DCXL is flowering coming out of dormancy, and since it's the only one, I may as well let it do so, but also plan to try using keiki paste to force the flower stalk to try and produce traps on it, false vivampry or whatever that is. I'll simply pinch off the flowers, and let the stalk grow, then observe how it does in comparison to the other traps.

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!