FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all,

I've always repotted everything into Peat moss and perlite, since that's what I had, but I decided to try repotting into LFSM for the first time with my little B52, since the LFSM it came with was turning into goop at this point and it was only in a 2 inch pot.

Everything look alright with it? Roots were only like an inch and a half long, so I just wrapped the roots and the rhizome up with some lfsm, put a bunch of LFSM in the new 4.5 inch pot, trying to keep it relatively loose, not super tightly packed, then poked a hole and dropped the LFSM wrapped vft in, then packed some extra LFSM around it to get it settled, then watered the whole thing from above.

Everything look alright?

By tommyr
It looks O.K. to me but be warned, repotting them is a much bigger pain because you have to be VERY careful removing the LFSM from the roots so as to not damage or break them. I went back to peat/perlite mix for all mine. I tried a few with LFSM the past couple of years but don't like the extra time it takes to repot. Peat/perlite is SO much easier to remove, it basically falls away on it's own with a tiny squeeze of the rootball.

I'd like to see a video of how Matt or Leah remove their traps from the LFSM.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!