FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By DanyulMac
Never done pullings with pings before and first time 100% rate is good to see cause the first picture is my ‘Tina’ i wanted more and the 2nd picture is unknown as i bought the ping on sale as it was dying but managed to get some pullings, sadly the mother plant did die! RIP

So my question is when do i replant them or can i leave them like this in the containers they are in for a while? Cause im not sure how many little plant-lets are coming from 1 leaf.

Image Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Nepenthes0260
Wow! Nice pullings!

When a leaf rossete get about the size of a quarter, I pot them separately. Usually one or two growth points take over and the other ones blacken.
By DanyulMac
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Wow! Nice pullings!

When a leaf rossete get about the size of a quarter, I pot them separately. Usually one or two growth points take over and the other ones blacken.
Thanks yeah first time and they all striked! I was guessing wait till they was abit bigger just incase they was too weak disrupting them now.

By Bob Beer
If you really want lots of plants, you can separate them after they get a little size, or when you notice some being shaded out by others. Usually by that time any remains of the original pulled leaf will have rotted away and they’ll come apart easily. Ping riots are pretty shallow generally and grow back fast, so don’t worry too much.

By jeff
Bonjour
for my part I always go to the end of the process (in fact when the seedlings have completely absorbed the nutrients of the succulent leaf, the latter becoming dry or rotten as BOB says)

be careful with peat, prefer to use with a good lightener to avoid too much water retention that could cause rot
By DanyulMac
jeff wrote:Bonjour
for my part I always go to the end of the process (in fact when the seedlings have completely absorbed the nutrients of the succulent leaf, the latter becoming dry or rotten as BOB says)

be careful with peat, prefer to use with a good lightener to avoid too much water retention that could cause rot
Thanks, i was considering keeping it in sphag but i think peat should be reduced as you say my current pings i treat as succulents when it comes to watering and they seem fine the way i do that.

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!