FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By IHaveNoIdea
Thanks, I'll check it out :) I still wasn't able to find Sherlock in English. I downloaded one and it is in Czech and it sounds horrible :lol:
But I've just found "Ripper street". It looks great, ratings are good too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183641/

Edit.: That video is awesome, thanks Doctor!
By IHaveNoIdea
Alright, thanks :lol:

I'm fan of GoT too. Well.. I did not like the last two series, but the first and second were superb. And I haven't read the books of course :mrgreen:

The characters in RS are awesome. I'm not too enthusiastic about getting proper Sherlock, because I really don't like Bededict Cumberbatch. He looks like a snake. But I guess it should be helpful for me to watch it. Talking about Sherlock, have you seen the Fargo? I mean TV series, not the movie (which is great too).

I noticed the difference between accents. It is really easy to spot in old London theme movies.

JD, you seem to really like British cinematography, you are English?
By IHaveNoIdea
Doc: I meant the modern version. I'll give it a try after watching the Ripper Street.
Fargo is perfect. I like B.B. Thornton and he did a great job in this series. Martin Freeman too. They even both add the comedy element.
Well I guess then I'm the one who loves True Detective. (Btw, this is awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3eN9u5N2Q4)

I like the scottish burr, I would love to speak like it :D Talking about burr, you should definitely see "Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon". It's a short movie by Pixar and it is really funny. :)

Not safe for work :lol: I've seen and heard things QA would definitely not approve. Czechs like to speak bad language and day without seeing some blood is not a proper day :lol:

I'll watch those videos later, internet connection is very bad today, those videos barely load. Thanks for the tips though.

Cypher: I respect that. Lots of people like him. But I'm that kind of person, who often judges actors by the first impression. And I did not like him back then :mrgreen:
By IHaveNoIdea
Maaan, how many hours do you spend replaying to my broken English? :lol: I always don't know where to start, you jump from topic to topic :D

I like those forums, that have Chit-chat sections as you described them. A bit of a flame is always good.
And Czechs actually don't watch Super Bowl, so we don't have any favourite teams. But I like ham, turkey ham is the best :mrgreen:
We watch football. Yes I wrote "football", because that is the way it should be called! You play it with your feet, you don't socc the referee! But the biggest sports event in CR is the Ice Hockey world championship (this year in CR!). Everyone is patriot when it starts. We have some great hockey players. I guess you may know Jágr, Špaček and Židlický.

I liked the True Detective series, because I actually am True Atheist and True Cynic :lol: But of course, not just because of that. It was really entertaining, I'm looking forward for the next season.

Rome.. that is that series, when everyone fucks in every episode? Bit like a Californication. Funny as hell, but I don't know if you would like it. There are no detectives :D
By IHaveNoIdea
Now you see want I meant :lol: I make a grammatical mistake even in a sentence as easy as that one. I meant replying of course.
Indeed we do, which is why the British originally gave it the name "football." But then the British hate sports where something actually happens. See also: cricket.
Still better than baseball or tennis. And I intended to start a bit of a flame, but it looks like there is not enough soccer fans reading this. :mrgreen:
We do, but we do not have all those accents on our keyboards!
It's Jaaaghr, Schpaczeck and I really don't know how to explain Židlický :lol:

Oh and if you are a fan of Super bowl, I recommend you Blood Bowl. It's a video game and it takes a while to learn the rules, but it is great. http://store.steampowered.com/app/216890/
It's pretty expensive at the moment, but there will be summer sales soon. Of course, there are other ways to get it..
By IHaveNoIdea
Well I'm not so much into sports, so there isn't much I can tell :D
Like i said, I watch just hockey once in a while and beside that I sometimes play floorball. That's all :)
You are fan of a Bloom country? It was on a Humble Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/) last week. I gave it a try, but I don't think I'll read them :mrgreen:

Here is a Jágr funny commercial :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kscGeI1UY0
By IHaveNoIdea
So, few days ago we tried conversation. Aaaand I think it went pretty well. There were 4 people present. A teacher - she just listens. An examiner (he was Canadian) - he he asks me questions, and 2 candidates (some guy and me). We both have to answer questions he asks us and discuss the topics we are given.

It took 15 minutes. It wasn't bad. I was examined along with the worst student, so my performance looked better :mrgreen:

I tried the Writing part. I had it done in 10 minutes, so I guess it's not that good, but would someone check it, please? :(

First part is an email. Kim (sounds Asian to me) thanks me that I let him/her to stay at my flat, while I'm on holiday. She askes me how to get the keys and if I could tell her/him anything else she/he needs to know about the flat and whether there's anywhere near she/he can buy food.

Second part is an essay. I'm supposed to write an essay on this question. "Which is more important - friends or family?"

I should write about: who can you enjoy yourself with, who will help you when you have problems, my own idea.

Both parts must be between 140-190 words long.

Email

Hey,

don't even mention it, we are glad that you decided to stay with us for a while. Just knock on the door, Buk Lau will open and for sure he will give you the keys too. As I know him, he will ask for ten bucks. Don’t give him anything, the keys are already paid.
There is one thing I did not tell you yet. We have another new roommate, his name is Phuc Anh. He is vietnamese too, so I believe you will get along just fine. He already knows where to buy some great food so he will show you the right place. It’s a small grocery we found. They have really delicious crab meat there, you will enjoy it. I’ll return from US in a few months, so don’t kill each other till then.

Can't wait to see you.

Yours

Mirek

Essay

Which is more important – friends or family?

I enjoy myself best with my brother. We play video games together, watch movies together.. well.. we spend a lot of time together. We have grown together, yet sometimes I may seem more like his father than brother, because he is lot younger than me.

It may sound a bit cowardly or childish, but the person I ask to help me when I have problems, is my mother. She always comes up with a sollution.

In my opinion, the most important people in our lives are our family. Friends will come and go as you pass through you life, but family will always be there for you. You may be bound with you friends by the things you experienced together, but people forget. On the other hand, with your family you are bound by blood and that is what really counts in the end.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!