FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Goodkoalie
So, i have recently found a love with purpureas. I just recieved a S. purpurea subsp. venosa Burnsiwick CO. xl (this plant easily fills up a 6 inch pot), a S. purpurea var. montana transalyania co. (this plant esially fills up a 4 inch pot, side to side). I also bought a S. flava var. rubricorpora, a S. oreophila "sand hill mt,." and a pisiticina as a freebie. :D

Also, i have been on a lookout at lowes for purps recently, and they have never had any. When i got their today, i found that thire plants were completly newley restocked, in one pint deathcubes. The flytraps did not look that good, but their purps did. they had several nice ones, bit i picked one where i could see the rhizome and make sure it was not rotted. The leafes are 4-6 inches long and nicely colored, with 2 new leaves coming up. I got the plant for 7.89. :D

Will post pics tommorwow
By happiness
I was surprised to see the huge dangley pitcher plants in those hanging pots at Home Depot! They were like $25 each. My hand fit around the pitchers.

I was hoping they would have those.. they are really nice & my home depot always runs out of them.
By Zombie_walker
Lucky on finding the death cube Purpureas! I went inquiring about when ours would get in any carnivorous plants and they said not until spring :( the last purp I was able to save from there was tiny and barely recognizable and after putting it right outside and into dormancy It hasn't made much progress at all.

I hear Mike Wang's Sarracenia collection is amazing, how much does he sell his purpureas for?
Looking forward to the new pics!
By Goodkoalie
I got the huge venosa for 20.oo, ask him for XL purpurea venosa burnswick co., the montana was 20.00, you can get regualur purps
This is the list he sent me.

For purpureas, I have the following:
1) S. purpurea ssp. purpurea Lake district of Muskoka, ON, large, $15
2) S. purpurea ssp. venosa Tattnall Co, GA large, $20
3) S. purpurea ssp. purpurea marl bog form-med-large, $15
4) S. purpurea ssp. purpurea f. heterophylla-multiple growth points, large, $25
5) S. purpurea ssp. venosa Brunswick Co, NC-large, $15, XL (these are really big!)-$20
6) S. montana Transylvania Co, NC-multiple growth points, extremely vigorous, colorful. med-large, $20

The prices might seem high, but they are so worth it, and he has the habit of thowring in free plants, i got a jonesii first time i ordered from him, and this last time, i got the psitticinia from bay, flordia
Goodkoalie liked this
By happiness
Goodkoalie wrote:nice, did you get one? they are called nepenthes.
No I didnt, I hear they are hard to take care of (humidity and temp needs to be at a decent level?) I wouldn't know where to put it anyways. :-P .. plus I'd hate to get addicted to the plant.. I'd want more!!!!
By Zombie_walker
happiness wrote:
Goodkoalie wrote:nice, did you get one? they are called nepenthes.
No I didnt, I hear they are hard to take care of (humidity and temp needs to be at a decent level?) I wouldn't know where to put it anyways. :-P .. plus I'd hate to get addicted to the plant.. I'd want more!!!!
I got 3 nepenthes not too long ago and they are all already putting out several new leaves each with fuzzy soon to be pitchers at the ends. And one just decided to develop a basal shoot that is growing super fast. They are honestly the easiest carnivorous plants to care for that I own. I just keep them in my room by my window and water them twice a day, no special treatment :]

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!