FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By EliWhitney3140
Hello everyone, I aquired some nice Pings from another CA hobbyist and I am wondering what is the best way to feed them if they are not catching enough fungus gnats. The species are tina, moranensis c, cyclosecta,and laueana. They are still pretty small but they all look healthy. I have had them for a month or so under t-5's and only the tina seems to have caught a meal. I am may be a little paranoid but is there another good option for feeding baby pings? My drosera really enjoy hikari daphnia, anyone ever try it? Thanks for the replies everyone.
By KategoricalKarnivore
You can feed them freeze dried blood worms. Available at any pet store or Walmart. I crush it up into a powder and sprinkle it on the leaves. You can also add a bit of water and make a paste and spread it on the leaves. Either way works great.
By EliWhitney3140
foliar feeding? I will look that up. I see that as well...I used photobucket and it will not let me post them.

By EliWhitney3140
I fertilize with 1/2 a teaspoon Maxsea in a gallon of distilled water and I spray my cp's and moss around every two weeks.

I'm planning on converting my current 2'x4' into […]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!