FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By twitterglitter
You should have known I was going to leave you a message before you leave.

You have been an excellent mentor to me and an even better friend. I can't thank you enough for all of your help, your encouragement, and even your occasional ranting. You will be truly missed.

I hope you accomplish what you have set out to do, and have a great time doing it. Best of luck to you!

Sorry about this being a little mushy.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
twitterglitter liked this
By Hungry Plants
I already follow you on instagram. There need to apologies or worry about people understanding when it come to better yourself. If they are truly your friend they will be happy for you as I am.
By saltyop
made ittttttttttt wooooo
thank you everyone who gave me internet points
especially you, you know who you are :D

1. Rammplins - Go Buckeyes!
2. Hungry plants- gods speed
3. xr280xr
4. saltyop - please rng god

im acting like I already won the thing lol
Last edited by saltyop on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Fly Trap Hunter
boarderlib wrote:In lieu of my "retirement" from FTC I thought I would give a little something more back to the community that gave me so much. Thank you to everyone's who's helped me get to the point in my growing that I'm at. It is appreciated!Image

I have 10+ VFT seeds from either my Maroon Monster or my Low Giant. The winner will choose which pod parent they want. These are the only two fly traps I let flower these year, and they were open pollinated.

I will use a random number generator to select the winner on Sunday Sept 3rd at 8am eastern standard time. I will cover the shipping.

Rules:
US resident's only
You must have 25 thank you's
Standard list form

Best of luck to everyone!

Who doesn't love a tree frog, meet Marvin!Image

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

you are budgeting your time, being a better time manager. I get it. :cry: :cry: :cry:
By boarderlib
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Thanks for the explanation bud. We will miss you here.

Fishman wrote:Agreed. The forum appreciates all of your contributions. I know I have! Best of luck buddy!

Matt wrote:Busy guy! Good luck with all of your projects! We'll miss you here!
Thank you KK, fishman, and Matt for the kind words.

I'm still trying to figure out how you balance it all, Matt. Lol
Hungry Plants wrote:I already follow you on instagram. There need to apologies or worry about people understanding when it come to better yourself. If they are truly your friend they will be happy for you as I am.
Shoot me a message on there I'm not sure if I follow you. I'm a little slow on the technology side of thingsImage.

You are absolutely correct sir.
Fly Trap Hunter wrote: you are budgeting your time, being a better time manager. I get it. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm trying anyways. I get distracted pretty easily, so time management has never really been a strong suit.

By boarderlib
DesireeCoffey wrote:I can't enter your giveaway because I don't meet the requirements, but I wanted to tell you that I wish you the best of luck with your new projects. You have to do what is best for you and that is understandable. I don't know you that well, but you have helped me a lot just from reading your replies on other members posts. I wish you the best of luck and you will obviously be missed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for the kind words, and good thoughts. It should help make the transition a little easier for me. It's become second nature to scroll on hereImage
twitterglitter wrote:You should have known I was going to leave you a message before you leave.

You have been an excellent mentor to me and an even better friend. I can't thank you enough for all of your help, your encouragement, and even your occasional ranting. You will be truly missed.

I hope you accomplish what you have set out to do, and have a great time doing it. Best of luck to you!

Sorry about this being a little mushy.Image

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
I don't see this as mushy at all. It's heartfelt, and from a supportive and good friend makes it that much better.Image So thank you for the kind words, although I don't feel as though I am a "mentor" to anyone. I only try to be helpful by sharing my experiences.

By boarderlib
And now that I think I'm caught up on replies. We have a winner

Number 1! Congrats rammplins! Pm me your address and your choice, and I'll get you packed up and shipped out Tuesday. Image

boarderlib liked this
By boarderlib
Matt wrote:
boarderlib wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how you balance it all, Matt. Lol
Haha! Not very well sometimes!!!
And that's what I get for thinking I was caught up. Lol

That makes me feel a little better. Lol

boarderlib liked this
By Rammplins
Woo hoo! Looks like i get to try my hand at growing some from seed. Thank you!
PM sent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By bijillon
Boarderlib, will be such a bitter goodbye, as I am planing on leaving this forum one day or another. It was fun having everyone here and was a great forums for the 1+ year that I was here, getting plants and information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By riveraXVX
just chiming in to say I've enjoyed reading your posts both current and seeing you responding back to tons of older posts in my own research getting into things

best of lucking diving fullspeed into Sarracenia also, it is something I want to start getting into next season it just seems like such an expensive thing to get into, I have my reservations I already know I love them and want like 9080808 of the different crosses I've seen people post online and for sale!

I'll still lurk the instagram when I happen to see a post! a lot of the photos get lost on mine since its more or less a junk catchall add everyone account for the small record label my wife and I run - I just use it for personal stuff too to lurk other things I enjoy like....your plants!
By boarderlib
bijillon wrote:Boarderlib, will be such a bitter goodbye, as I am planing on leaving this forum one day or another. It was fun having everyone here and was a great forums for the 1+ year that I was here, getting plants and information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
riveraXVX wrote:just chiming in to say I've enjoyed reading your posts both current and seeing you responding back to tons of older posts in my own research getting into things

best of lucking diving fullspeed into Sarracenia also, it is something I want to start getting into next season it just seems like such an expensive thing to get into, I have my reservations I already know I love them and want like 9080808 of the different crosses I've seen people post online and for sale!

I'll still lurk the instagram when I happen to see a post! a lot of the photos get lost on mine since its more or less a junk catchall add everyone account for the small record label my wife and I run - I just use it for personal stuff too to lurk other things I enjoy like....your plants!
Thank you for the kind words, both of you!

As my last official post here at FTC, I want to thank everyone once more, for your time, support, and the laughs. Best of luck to everyone, may your plants all flourish, and may you be blessed with pest free growing!

And the trap slams shut on my time here. Image Image

boarderlib, boarderlib, boarderlib and 2 others liked this

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!