FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
Awesome! That angel wings looks great, nice list!
katya_dog1 liked this
By Eric Millikin
Added Fused Tooth and FTS Lunatic Fringe from Flytrap Store. Thanks again, Matt and Leah, great as always.

That fused tooth is a two-headed monster!

Last edited by Eric Millikin on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Millikin liked this
By Eric Millikin
Added Utricularia calycifida 'Asenath Waite' and Nepenthes spectabilis x hamata about a month ago.

Both have survived the past month on my windowsill, even though it's been nothing but grey skies over here in Detroit. The Utric doesn't look that awesome yet (I'm looking forward to the flowers) but the Nepenthes looks crazy sharp.

By Eric Millikin
It snowed yesterday here in Detroit! So I'm still not quite in spring mode yet. But I added a few new Sarrs courtesy "Duckhook" on Sarracenia forum.

Here are some epic roots and about 5 or 6 growth points on a Leuco 'Tarnok.'
tarnok-roots.jpg
tarnok-roots.jpg (66.86 KiB) Viewed 5565 times
And here is a flowering 'Snorkle.' This flower can reportedly get kind of freaky (6 or 7 petals). So, I'm looking forward to seeing that. When it stops snowing ...
snorkle-roots.jpg
snorkle-roots.jpg (94.84 KiB) Viewed 5565 times
Eric Millikin liked this
By Eric Millikin
ps3isawesome wrote:Any new updates on your Cobra lilies?
Thanks for asking! My Cobra lilies seem to be doing pretty good. It seems like maybe they had some transplant shock, but that's to be expected, and they could probably really use some sun and some real spring time weather.

It's my first time growing them, so I'm no expert on what they should look like in dormancy or coming out of it, and I know they are somewhat notorious for being hard to grow ... but they are still alive and green so ... that's a win!

I'll see if I can get some photos later!
By katya_dog1
My rhizomes from duckhook were awesome as well, but none as big as yours! I have never seen that size of a plant!
katya_dog1 liked this
By Eric Millikin
Got a big box in the mail today from Mike Wang, and suddenly my Sarracenia "want list" went from about a ten items ... down to about three!

Inside that box was a Reptilian Rose, Umlauftiana, Mardi Gras, Smurf, a couple awesome Psitticina, Leuco Hurricane Creek White, and more ... seriously awesome stuff all around.

I just finished a late-night planting party. I'm looking forward to these growing up over the summer.

Here's a total bomb of Purpurea var montana from Translyvania County, North Carolina.
eric-with-purp.jpg
eric-with-purp.jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
Eric Millikin liked this
By Eric Millikin
This should be awesome: I got a Leah Wilkerson from Brooks Garcia.

Here it is with some of its new friends, who are all just creeping their way out of dormancy. It's still been hitting 0°C at night here in Detroit.

Clockwise from upper left: Cupped traps, drosera 'Nagamoto', sarracenia 'Leah Wilkerson,' dionaea 'Akai Ryu.'
group-shot-with-leah-wilkerson.jpg
group-shot-with-leah-wilkerson.jpg (123.54 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
I also added to my list some hitchhikers: Utricularia bisquamata and Drosera capensis. They secretly hitched a ride with some other plants, so I'm not sure exactly where they came from. I'm guessing they came from California Carnivores.

They are some of the best weeds ever.
hitchhikers-bisquamata-capensis.jpg
hitchhikers-bisquamata-capensis.jpg (31.64 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
By Eric Millikin
I added flytraps Korrigans, FTS Flaming Lips, and Trichterfalle x Coquillage, all from Flytrap Store. All awesome.

Here's Korrigans, with that crazy "no neck" look:
korrigans.jpg
korrigans.jpg (33.42 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
And here's Trichterfalle x Coquillage, with the crazy long "eyelashes" and the scaly "scary stalk":
IMG_7306.JPG
IMG_7306.JPG (154.33 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
tricherfalle-x-coquillage.jpg
tricherfalle-x-coquillage.jpg (27.84 KiB) Viewed 5346 times

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!