FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Sundeewz
I know this is a strange question, but I have over a thousand capensis seeds right now with several thousand more coming in soon. I’m thinking about letting my pet bird snack on a couple seeds to see if it likes it. Is this a good idea, or is it a potentially fatal one?
By uxleumas
i don't think the bird would like it much. if i'm not mistaken, they're super tiny and would be like eating hair. don't think it would do any harm though, except that you lose lots of seeds. i guess first wash the seeds even though they're so tiny, use a coffee filter? cook it by puting it in a coffee filter and puor boiling water over it if you're still paranoid. if they were to be toxic it probly wouldn't be a hobby to plant them or else we would all get poisoned. of course different animals ave different toxicity thingys i forgot the name. i guess yes them(i'm not to blame if your bird dies)
By Sundeewz
uxleumas wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:06 pm i don't think the bird would like it much. if i'm not mistaken, they're super tiny and would be like eating hair. don't think it would do any harm though, except that you lose lots of seeds. i guess first wash the seeds even though they're so tiny, use a coffee filter? cook it by puting it in a coffee filter and puor boiling water over it if you're still paranoid. if they were to be toxic it probly wouldn't be a hobby to plant them or else we would all get poisoned. of course different animals ave different toxicity thingys i forgot the name. i guess yes them(i'm not to blame if your bird dies)
Yeah it’s probably better to be safe than sorry here.
By Sundeewz
My birds the opposite with his diet, if it’s round and small he eats it. But if it’s a pea, he runs away from it.
uxleumas liked this
By isaacsbees
You could just donate them to the seed bank... Or you could send them to me and I'll send you some actual birdseed
Panman liked this
By Sundeewz
isaacsbees wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:49 pm You could just donate them to the seed bank... Or you could send them to me and I'll send you some actual birdseedImage
If you can mail me an SASE I can make it happen as I have around a 1000 seeds with another couple thousand coming in. I’m fine with the birdseed, though.
Not what you would expect...

@andynorth, trust me. I did not tarry very long[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!