FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By bigpurp57
I live in Inglewood CA. and the weather has been nothing short of strange, hot and dry with winds and then low temps with no humidity and my plants are confused, some are growing new pitchers and some of my flytraps are opening up and look hungry and there are a few flies around to boot, just curious.

By Kevonicus
Strange weather for sure, here in the north east we're getting very cold temps and lots of snow. Mine will be dormant for another few weeks for sure. I'm envious of you californians with your long growing seasons. Hope you all get back some more rain! Nice flytraps, they deff look like they have awoken!
Kevonicus liked this
By bigpurp57
You should know Matt I got them from you! This will be the second year with them and they look like they are going to be beautiful, thank you both for the compliments, sorry you are under the snow and ice back east, saw the forecasts.
By Starchy
I dont care how many new amazing flytrap cultivars surface over the years, Jaws has the all-around-package and is by far my favorite cultivar. I also feel like it is the most under-appreciated cultivar in cultivation.

Very beautiful flytrap you have there Bigpurp
Starchy liked this
By xr280xr
Yep, just stopped in to say how nice those look! It has been a weird winter all-around. Are you growing in pure peat?
xr280xr liked this
By Kevonicus
bananaman wrote:They do look nice, despite the wierd winter all of us have had. They look really healthy!
I agree that "Jaws" is a nice cultivar, though I really like any flytrap...
I'm the same way, any flytrap is a truly remarkable plant! Jaws is in my list of favs because its all around tough, huge, and it's name makes it ever so fierce :).
Kevonicus liked this
By bigpurp57
xr280xr wrote:Yep, just stopped in to say how nice those look! It has been a weird winter all-around. Are you growing in pure peat?
No peat,perlite, sand mixture

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!