FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By coline
Well, already my face is all around the internet and some newspapers, but not for the droseras! I would have to do a complete characterization to get that, and still I don't have even a cultivar registered.
By coline
The seed capsules did not open as the photos on growdrosera.com, that is interesting, and the flowers were pink, don't have the photos, but normally brevifolia even though it is very similar in everything has mostly white flowers, doesn't it?

By Sander
Leathal_Traps wrote:I think I got it. It is a drosera sessilifora. I am not 100% sur ebut as you are saing drosera sess is smaller and more compact than drosera burmannii, this is my best guess.
I guess you mean: d. sessilifolia
But thats what i guessed, untill i saw the last photo, snap tentacles are not as pronounced, so im quite unsure as well.
By Sander
Pretty flowers, they do look like something i have, but it was sold to me as d. admirabilis, but looking up the pictures online, some look quite different, some look alike, but the plant you have does look like the one i got as well.

It had the same flowers, allthough i dont have pics from it,

here the same one is on the right side (as u can clearly see its not a x. snyderi).
Mine measure 2,5-4 cm in diameter.
By Sander
Well, another remarkable thing i noticed with them is that some of them flower while bigger ones dont, and some do look more "red" than others, while all in the same pot.

Well, i was told it was a d. admirabilis, i could check my seller, and see what his source of the plants was?
By coline
Exactly, my plant changes colors all the time, when it was tiny it was kind of red, then it grew and became green with red tentacles, then almost green when it was at its biggest point, and finally again red now with the flowers as you may see.

Yes, please ask him, because D. admirabilis really looks different
By coline
Exactly, that are seeds the same for my plant, same shape and all, I had seen that page some time ago, but I do not know much of botanic terminology, even less in english, so I could not get an answer from there.
And even so, D. admirabilis has a synonim to D. cuneifolia, which in the picture, #8 looks ver different

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!