FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Kbud
I'll check the lighting later today. I know www.growsundews.com does not have much in the way of pygmies, but I followed your other link and it gave me some useful info. I followed a link on that page and it seems they grow well outdoors. I might try this, but I need advice in the way of acclamating it so it doesn't get burned. Do you have any info on this? It seems they grow native to Australia and right now we are having a long, dry summer. It seems a good fit.
By Grey
I grow indoors but my general belief is that plants should be gradually introduced to sunlight by starting them out in partial shade for three or four hours then after a few days to a week moving them more and more into the sun. Once this has been achieved you then increase the length of time they stay outside by an additional two or so hours every few days until new growth appears that isn't sunburned and you're confident the plant can fend for itself.

This process can be sped up if you're feeling more on the confident side... of course, this is purely from research and I have yet to try it myself.
Grey liked this
By tommyr
I love Scorps. Been growing them for about 4 years now from gemmae produced by the first one I bought 4 years ago. VERY easy to grow from gemmae!

Mine have never flowered though. Some are under a T5 light, some in a west window.

From a year or 2 ago:
tommyr, tommyr liked this
By CandyCane
The whole reason i clicked this is bc it said with pictures now amd there are no pictures!!!! I have 3 baby scorps from gemmae bt there tentacles have gone away like there all closed up id like to use some pics as reference 2 what I'm doing wrong bt theres none here can u post them now???????
By Shadowtski
People come and go from this forum.
The original date on that thread is a few years back.

The best way to get answers is usually to post a new thread.
If you can include a photo to illustrate your problem, that's very helpful.

Good growing,
Mike
D scorpioides Flower 001.jpg
D scorpioides Flower 001.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 2119 times
DSC08035.jpg
DSC08035.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 2119 times
Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!