FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By carnivorous1123
hello i am form the uk i live in birmigham and have recently found out we have carnivorous plants in the uk! so i was wondering if anyone knew a spot where i can view a rotundifolia in the wild, it would be amazing to see a carnivorous plant here in britain thanks guys - Liam :D
By corky
i only just found out too,i brought one and it got lost in the post for four days but is coming back will post pics soon,i looked for some in wales in a really mossy wet place and found nothing so will be interested in were to find them
By carnivorous1123
cool i really want one but got no money :( i am going wales in two weeks in bracken park a perfect place its full of trees moss and foliage i will spend the week looking but im not sure there are any peat places and it would be amazing if i found some where im stopping cause we own the land so its already mine! i would love to see these pics too good luck!!
By JimsPlants
Hi liam, have a look around CPUK forums, im sure people do trips to go and see them and there will be some photos and info on there.

I know that there is some drosera species in the New Forest.
By carnivorous1123
i just brought one on littleshopofhorrors! it says prefers to be outside which i will keep it all year round my own little bog!
By Carl
You can find CP's at the Long Mynd, Shropshire

I know D.Rotundifolia grows there, but remenber you can't take the plants but you can collect some seed.
By carnivorous1123
thanks carl, i think ill have to check it out when the plants are at the end of flowering ;D
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!