FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By Supercazzola
I just harvested some Drosera paleacea gemmae, so I decided to do a giveaway. USA entries only, please.

I'll pick the winner on Tuesday 2 March 17:00 UTC.

All entries have to have the form:
(Sequential Integer Number, starting at 1) Username - "favorite Monty Python quote"

For example:
(1) supercazzola - "Now lets go on to something ruder... Wankle rotary engine"
Why Monty Python? Well, paleacea sounded like palace, which reminded me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It's too early in the morning. I have since learned that paleacea means "Covered with chaff."
ChefDean, Shadowtski liked this
By sanguinearocks101
I don’t want to enter but here is my favorite quote when they were fighting the rabbit- "And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large chulapas. And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it”
Supercazzola liked this
By Bixtor36
1) - Shadowtski - Always look at the bright side of life! Thank you!
2) Bixtor36 - lots of great Holy Grail quotes but I'm gonna go with Cheese Shop for something different - "I thought to myself, 'a little fermented curd will do the trick,' so, I curtailed my Walpoling activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles!" - Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Supercazzola liked this
By elaineo
2) Bixtor36 - lots of great Holy Grail quotes but I'm gonna go with Cheese Shop for something different - "I thought to myself, 'a little fermented curd will do the trick,' so, I curtailed my Walpoling activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles!" - Thank you!
4) elaineo - "That [plant's] not dead! It's probably pinin' for the fjords!"
By evenwind
5) evenwind - "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
By Bobioden
5) evenwind - "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
6) Bobioden -There's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong
By evenwind
If you were a fan of Games of Thrones:
In one episode, Daario defends Daenerys from a Meereenese champion by cutting off his head. Before he does this, he hurls a few insults in the fictional language of Old Ghiscari. According to the Game of Thrones linguist, he is saying the following lines, originally spoken by Monty Python's French Knight: "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
By StaatS+17+
6) Bobioden -There's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong
7) StaatS+17+ “We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.” – Knights of Camelot
By Supercazzola
There was no one who was labeled as # 3, and even if that is a rule that ChefDean uses, I didn't say it was a rule in my drawing. But either way, I have two sets of gemmae to give away. Here are the winners.

Congrats to elaineo and StaatS+17+. Both of you must be made of harder stuff. So while I go fetch the comfy chair, please send me your mailing address info in a private message.
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 12.13.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 12.13.57 PM.png (14.98 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 12.23.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 12.23.41 PM.png (14.59 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
7) StaatS+17+ “We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.” – Knights of Camelot
Shadowtski, elaineo liked this
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!