FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By FutureFlytrapV2
Out of curiosity, what is the current status of Drosera magnifica? I heard that the people involved put out a rumor that the seeds wouldn't germinate so people would stop asking questions. Just wondering :3
By Leathal_Traps
It's definitely in cultivation, a lot of people already have it growing both in and out of vitro
By FutureFlytrapV2
Leathal_Traps wrote:It's definitely in cultivation, a lot of people already have it growing both in and out of vitro
Interesting.
By FutureFlytrapV2
nimbulan wrote:A lot of experienced growers have it, and at least 2 nurseries. I'd be surprised if it doesn't show up for sale sometime this year.
Do people just keep it a secret then? I didn't hear anything about this and I've been following this since 2015.
By KategoricalKarnivore
I know a couple of people that have it. Like nimbulan said, it should be available soon. Patience grasshopper. :ugeek:
By FutureFlytrapV2
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:I know a couple of people that have it. Like nimbulan said, it should be available soon. Patience grasshopper. :ugeek:
I don't intend on growing it, but it seems like it was deliberately kept quiet.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Not really. I’ve seen a few posts on Facebook of growers showing them off. You just have to know where to look.
By FutureFlytrapV2
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Not really. I’ve seen a few posts on Facebook of growers showing them off. You just have to know where to look.
Well, a quick facebook search shows me you're right. There are a bunch of pictures of it in tissue culture. As a daily dose of 'lol', I also saw a post by someone who bought "drosera magnifica" seeds from a guy on ebay, and he posted a picture of the seedlings on facebook only to find out they were only tokaiensis :3
FutureFlytrapV2 liked this
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!