FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By afh928
I have a couple packs of d. intermedia seeds on the way, and i have a couple questions if someone experienced with d. intermedia could answer them! After i stratify it will probably be about mid-august. Should i germinate them outside and let the tiny seedlings go dormant with the rest of the plants, giving them some protection? Or should i germinate them under lights and KEEP them inside under lights until spring? I don't want them to get too out of cycle, so i want to do it the way that makes the most sense as far as keeping them in sync with nature. OR...should i hold on to the seeds (keep them in the fridge?) and sow them outside around Feb. and let them "naturally" stratify? Help? I tried some of these last year (but not from here, these seeds are from the Flytrap Store!) and they turned out to be the Cuban variety lol. Most of them died but i still have one tiny one that is in a hibernacula lol. :mrgreen:

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!