FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Jjay
https://imgur.com/gallery/jDZpk36

Link above for reference but I put my flytrap out this morning at 10am and after only 4 hours they’ve drooped. There was water in the saucer like always and I’ve been doing this for a month but could it be because of the heat today they’ve struggled?
By Doublebass1985
Ya dude that poor little guy suffered dehydration. That saucer is not adequate for holding enough water for the plant. Plus it being shocked too from going outside and back inside? They don't like changing areas especially with a large amount of temperature difference. Your plants buddies might be calling the ambulance for him tomorrow if nothing is changed. Today your plant had just fainted from dehydration, but it could have been worse and needed CPR.
By Jjay
Doublebass1985 wrote:Ya dude that poor little guy suffered dehydration. That saucer is not adequate for holding enough water for the plant. Plus it being shocked too from going outside and back inside? They don't like changing areas especially with a large amount of temperature difference. Your plants buddies might be calling the ambulance for him tomorrow if nothing is changed. Today your plant had just fainted from dehydration, but it could have been worse and needed CPR
That’s the pot and saucer the nursery recommended me. Do I need a bigger pot or bigger saucer?
By yardleyq1987
You'll definitely need a bigger saucer that will hold more water to keep the media wet. The one you currently have is too small. The pot looks fine. Carefully water from the top right now, while you find the adequate saucer. Good luck, it should survive.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!