FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By savagegardener
So yesterday I told you guys how my lil plantlets kept coming out of the soil.Well today i checked on some of them and they were out of the soil again! AND THEY WERE DRY!!! and some of them had withered leaves so i changed them to a bigger container, and made sure they were in the soil snugly. I then made sure they were watered well. Do you think they have a chance of surviving? They still look mostly green. I hope so!

Thanks

Lucy
By Matt
They should recover. Was the soil that you put them in wet? I'm not sure why they keep pulling out of the soil for you. Even with the most stubborn plants that curl back and want to push themselves out of the ground, as long as the peat moss is moist to wet and you press the it firmly around the base of the plant, they shouldn't come out.
By Aging_Bourbon
the soil alway's needs to be moist
By linton
If your plants are really stubborn and keep popping out of the soil, you can push a toothpick or bamboo skewer into the soil and diagonally across the top of the plant (not through the plant!) to hold it down - after about two weeks the leaves will have adjusted and will no longer want to push the plant up, then you can remove the sticks. Your plants should recover - I had a royal red that the birds pulled out and dropped on the hot cement outside, I guess it was there all afternoon and it didn't look too good when I found it. I put it in water to suck up some moisture overnight and repotted it the next day. I put the pot in a bucket with water about 3/4 of the way up the pot and put a sheet of glass over the top to increase humidity until it recovered. It survived, and divided this season.
Good luck
By savagegardener
thanks for all the help!
i love my cute lil plantlets. i have 10 jaws hybrids 2 red piranhas and a vigorous. i cant wait till they get really big! but that will be a long time.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!