FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By cylpol
Have a few questions about jamban. Wondering how hard it would be to grow this species. Plan on growing this outdoors with 75 day and 50-60 at night with humidity around 50. Not to sure how much of this is is a highlander plant. Any advice from people who have it have not grown it would be helpful thank
By PlantsWithTeeth_01
I've got a small one that I've had since winter. It's experienced temperatures colder than that, and much hotter. I keep it under bright shade. It's had up to 37 celsius and done fine (but in the shade it was much cooler than that). But I do everything different - I grow all of my neps in water trays because my soil mix allows that, and this helps keep them cool in the summer too.

Have you grown any other highlanders? It sounds reasonable to expect it would do okay from my limited experience with this plant.

For reference, also growing Hamata, Campanulata, Jac and Attenboroughii in the same conditions and all are happy.
By cylpol
Thank you very much for the reply. Seems likes it is quite a tolernt one based on what you are saying. I have grown Aristolochoides x thorelii which i think is an intermidiate do not know since it is not a natural hybrid but my ventricosa/alata is doing great. You have grown so many nice hybrids btw would love to see your pics. Also I was wondering if it pitchers quickly
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!