FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By FutureFlytrapV2
This is my first post on the forum :)
So I was watering my flytraps (which I have had for about 2 1/2 years now, they have had no issues) and I noticed that my original plant had outgrown it's pot. I didn't think much of it, but when I took it out of it's pot and removed the soil, I noticed that there seemed to be two plants. One of them was much smaller but had seperate roots - My guess is that it grew out from the main plant and a stick in the pot had cut it.

Anyways, I'll leave pictures of what it looks like (sorry for the grainy images) -- I think this means I can pot it in another pot but I'm not too sure because I've never dealt with this before. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!
Attachments:
WIN_20170825_16_40_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170825_16_40_25_Pro.jpg (83.42 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
WIN_20170825_16_40_20_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170825_16_40_20_Pro.jpg (83.84 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
By hollyhock
You answered your own question. Yes Flytraps do divide underground with their own root system and it's fine to repot the smaller one separately. It sounds like if you have been growing them for a couple of years you already have the information about medium, water, light, etc.. :D
hollyhock liked this
By FutureFlytrapV2
hollyhock wrote:You answered your own question. Yes Flytraps do divide underground with their own root system and it's fine to repot the smaller one separately. It sounds like if you have been growing them for a couple of years you already have the information about medium, water, light, etc.. :D
I didn't even realize I answered my own question haha.
Thanks for responding. :)

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!