FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Budukai
3:30 pm I think, why so curious?
By Adam
I moved a couple of butterworts and a sundew to an east facing window in my kitchen.. They seem to be doing ok so far. It's a similar situation to yours with the sun exposure - hence my curiosity.
By Budukai
Oh ok, that makes sense. Butterworts, are so sensitive to temperature, it wouldn't like me at all. What type is yours?
By Adam
The 2 that I have are Pinguicula moctezumae and Pinguicula moranensis.

I hear you about the temp and humidity. Mine definitely shrunk once I got them home from the nursery where it was humid and warm all the time. I'm going to be growing these guys indoors from now on.
By twigs
In spirit of this topic, I propose we have a "Death Cube" competition.

Take a healthy typical VFT, or find one in the store already in a death cube, and grow it in the cube full time. See who can keep theirs alive the longest, and see if its possible to maintain a flytrap in one of these death cubes (if I recall, the packaging on some of these suggests keeping the cube permanently as a terrarium)
By vanillaXtiffy
I got my VFT from Lowe's and kept it in the cube for the first week or so because that was before I started posting here and I didn't know any better. It did okay but did not grow any new traps. Once I got it out of the cube, a few of the smaller leaves died but like 5 more took their place. Months later, it's doing beautifully with at least 15 traps and even grew a second plant. It's fun to look at it and see where the old plant ends and the new one begins.
By Adam
It's amazing what good conditions will do for these plants!
By Caleboy 123
I think it's great that you rescued some dying fly traps from Lowes that aren't doing so well, my first (and only :lol: ) venus fly trap was a Lowes rescue project, and now he's doing very well, luring bugs frequently, starting to get a bright color in the trap, etc.
By KruperTrooper
^ Yea same with mine. But I also managed to pick up a Purple Pitcher Plant from there, so I think Lowes has some pretty nice plants for sale. lol but not of the caliber that Steve and some other people grow them have, Steve's plants are huge...
N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!