FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nilechamp
I recently took delivery of four Nepenthes Miranda full of leaves and pitchers. Unfortunately the thermostat on the transport over ran and dropped the temperature too low. Most of the leaves have survived but all the pitchers are dead. Growth of new leaves has started. Should I remove all the healthy leaves that have had the pitchers die?
By DesertPat
I'm not a nep person but I see no reason to do that. The plant still needs to photosynthesize which those leaves will continue doing.

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Dionae
Just cut off the dead pitchers where the tendrils meets the leaf. Nepenthes need to acclimatize to new environments. It should start growing new pitchers in a few weeks to a month. I just got in some veitchii a couple of weeks ago and the pitchers are dying back...just part of it.
By Nilechamp
Thanks for the replies. There are new leaves already growing on three of the plants. I had wondered if cropping a few of the leaves off that had dead pitchers would encourage the plants to put out more new leaves. It now doesn't appear necessary but I may do this later to tidy the plants up a bit.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!