FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Nancy wrote:Hmmm....then the "be notified when this becomes available" didn't work for me.
Well, there is a trick to that system...

The emails only go out once a day at midnight PST. If we put an item in stock in the afternoon, like we normally do on Sunday afternoons, and it sells before midnight, no email is sent.

And unfortunately for customers we don't have a "short" list; everything is first come, first served. We've tried such things in the past, but it quickly becomes a headache for us. Sorry :(
By Matt
Anymal911 wrote:Matt-
If I placed an order on Sunday night for a DC XL, but it hasn't been processed yet, is there a chance I'll get a DC All Red?
Do you mean is there a DC All Red coming in stock that you can order before the order you placed on Sunday ships? If so, I don't think we have any DC All Red ready for sale, so no.
Anymal911 wrote:Also, how long does it usually take for an order to be processed?
In the confirmation email that is sent with every order we state:
SHIPPING- Orders are generally shipped 2-5 business days after being placed, taking into account practical considerations such as minimizing the live plants' time in transit. After this 2-5 day processing time, all packages are shipped by USPS Priority Mail, with delivery time in 3-5 days (occasionally 2 days) after shipment.
All year we've been running at the long end of that processing time (closer to 4 or 5 business days) due to almost having more orders than we're able to handle.
By Anymal911
Matt wrote: Do you mean is there a DC All Red coming in stock that you can order before the order you placed on Sunday ships? If so, I don't think we have any DC All Red ready for sale, so no.
I was actually wondering if there was any chance I'd be getting a DC All Red instead of a regular with what I had already ordered. Thanks anyway!
By Matt
Anymal911 wrote:I was actually wondering if there was any chance I'd be getting a DC All Red instead of a regular with what I had already ordered. Thanks anyway!
DC All Red and DC XL are two entirely different plants. The DC in the name stands for David Conner, from whom both plants originated. The DC All Red is just a red-leafed variety that stays fairly dark red in full sun. It is not at all like DC XL in terms of growth habit or any other measure of a flytrap.
By Anymal911
Matt wrote:
Anymal911 wrote:I was actually wondering if there was any chance I'd be getting a DC All Red instead of a regular with what I had already ordered. Thanks anyway!
DC All Red and DC XL are two entirely different plants. The DC in the name stands for David Conner, from whom both plants originated. The DC All Red is just a red-leafed variety that stays fairly dark red in full sun. It is not at all like DC XL in terms of growth habit or any other measure of a flytrap.

Oh, sorry, I was a little confused. I'm a newbie as you can see. Image
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!