FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Gary
We have fungus gnats here as well. The crane flies haven't appeared yet, but the larvae chomped on some of my jalapenos last summer. Between them and the bloody aphids I barely got any peppers.
Picked up mosquito bits today just in case I find a problem.
By frankgrimes087
DragonsEye wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:18 pm
Panman wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:58 pmI'd treat all of the plants with something like Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew.
Never heard of that product before. Where do you usually find it? (Always handy to be able to switch up the "arsenal " with something different.
Panman also recommended Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew to me when I had thirps on my flytraps and it worked VERY good. I sprayed once, and then again a week later and they were gone, awesome stuff! I found it at Walmart.
DragonsEye, Gary, Panman liked this
By Gary
Update on the thrips problem. The Capt Jack's worked great, three of the affected Capes are putting out lots of healthy new growth. The Cape that's flowering has kinda gone into hiding, the flowers are still opening but no new leaves yet. I saw in another thread that it's developed a "resting bud" until the stress levels come down.
But no more thrips, yay!
Thanks for the recommendation, worked great!
Panman, frankgrimes087 liked this
By Gary
Dang! Just as the Capes are getting healthy again, recovering from the thrips, they took one on the chin today. I keep the sundews on a large plastic bin on the 2nd story deck and today a huge gust of wind (about 50 mph) came out nowhere and blew them off the deck and down to backyard. Everyone got blown out of their pots. Unscheduled repotting.

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!