FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By mo_carnivore
Just wanted to share some pictures of this amazing plant. I received it from BCP around a month and a half ago, expecting it to take the six months I’d heard from some people so settle in. In general, South American dews seem to take a while to restart growth after being shipped, especially oversees. However, the overall plants I got were nice and large specimens, and they started growing again within a week! Even after just 6 weeks, they look amazing in my opinion—sort of like a more delicate, graceful capensis.
356C362A-0EA1-4593-B1B1-C045BEDAEDB7.jpeg
356C362A-0EA1-4593-B1B1-C045BEDAEDB7.jpeg (2 MiB) Viewed 3114 times
D3AACCC7-A999-43C8-94DE-A533C9244A99.jpeg
D3AACCC7-A999-43C8-94DE-A533C9244A99.jpeg (2.34 MiB) Viewed 3114 times
By mo_carnivore
nimbulan wrote:That's a fast recovery! What are your growing conditions like?
I have them in a chest freezer set up with pretty standard highland temps––75 daily high and around 55-57 nightly low. Humidity ranges from 80% during the day to closer to 100% at night. These are grown under a Marshydro 300w, about 15 inches from the plants.
By mo_carnivore
nimbulan wrote:Got a full hardcore highland set up for it eh. Definitely some happy plants!
Thanks! I was struggling in providing highlanders proper conditions for a while, and decided to go all in. It might be overkill for most of the plants in there, but they seem to like it and it gives me a place to put the pickier plants. Dews like arcturi, glabripes, and hilaris, I think really appreciate the constant cool conditions.
By mo_carnivore
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Wow! I really like the pink color.

It kind of looks like a rosetted magnifica.
Yeah! I’ve seen pics in the wild of villosa getting blood red, and while that would look sweet, I think I would probably prefer this more subdued pink hue.

Both magnifica and villosa are in section Braziliae, so they do share plenty of similarities.
mo_carnivore liked this
By nimbulan
mo_carnivore wrote:
nimbulan wrote:Got a full hardcore highland set up for it eh. Definitely some happy plants!
Thanks! I was struggling in providing highlanders proper conditions for a while, and decided to go all in. It might be overkill for most of the plants in there, but they seem to like it and it gives me a place to put the pickier plants. Dews like arcturi, glabripes, and hilaris, I think really appreciate the constant cool conditions.
Kinda funny you mention that because I'm growing my glabripes outdoors and it's doing great. Granted it has been quite a mild summer here though its been over 90 a couple times.
By Dionaea Masukippa
It's very pretty with that sunset coloration that it's rocking!
By mo_carnivore
nimbulan wrote:
mo_carnivore wrote:
Kinda funny you mention that because I'm growing my glabripes outdoors and it's doing great. Granted it has been quite a mild summer here though its been over 90 a couple times.
Wow, interesting! I would’ve thought that glabripes would be super sensitive to hot conditions and go dormant readily. Once I have my glabripes and hilaris settled in I’ll experiment with some different growing conditions. I’m assuming your clone is from BCP?
By nimbulan
Yeah I got it last year. I'm even keeping it much wetter than most would recommend.
DSC_2198.jpg
DSC_2198.jpg (3.82 MiB) Viewed 2872 times

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

worm in substrate?

might be fungus gnat larvae

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!