FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By meizzwang
I started off with a very, very small division of this plant, but now that it's growing pretty strong, it's producing some nice looking traps! Normally, venus fly traps don't look that great outdoors in Northern California this early in the spring, but for whatever reason, they're producing some decent looking traps. Will keep you posted on how these do, but so far, they're pretty easy to grow. I heard other reports of growers having a hard time with these, but that's probably because they were starting off with greenhouse grown plants acclimating to outdoor conditions, or maybe their starting material just didn't have good growth momentum to start. After growing dozens of venus fly trap clones, only a few have been truly difficult to grow to their fullest potential around here.

Pics taken 4/11/20:

Coco liked this
By camsdad66
Those are gorgeous! May i ask what your growing media is? Looks like mostly peat from the photo.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

By Matt
Looking good, Mike! Our flytraps are looking particularly good this spring as well.

meizzwang wrote:I heard other reports of growers having a hard time with these
Ginormous doesn't grow terribly well for us up here in Oregon. It isn't as hardy as some of the other giant flytraps and seems much more susceptible to disease. I have propagated quite a few in tissue culture over the last few years but they grow slowly and have a higher percentage of problems than most of the other varieties do in our cool climate here. Perhaps that's what other growers are experiencing as well?
Adrien liked this

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!