FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Cretaceous
As a follow-up to my previous post, here is a photo of the parent of my cuttings, zoomed way in on the flowers. Is this clear enough to get a positive ID on the sex? N. veitchii for reference. I'm thinking male?
Attachments:
parent1.jpg
parent1.jpg (67.64 KiB) Viewed 2648 times
By uxleumas
if i remember correctly, round flowers mean male, and almond shaped flowers mean female. looks round enough to be male for me. (please correct me if i'm wrong. ) could you get a picture upclose instead of taking a picture far away and zooming in?
Cretaceous liked this
By Cretaceous
uxleumas wrote:if i remember correctly, round flowers mean male, and almond shaped flowers mean female. looks round enough to be male for me. (please correct me if i'm wrong. ) could you get a picture upclose instead of taking a picture far away and zooming in?
Unfortunately not possible to get another photo. I was searching through my old pictures and found this one taken about a year ago. I wasn't trying to pay any special attention to the flowers (which were also very high up) at the time. The plant was in a public greenhouse and the gardener gave me a vine the day before it was to be removed from display for maintenance. I went back and saw it yesterday but it is heavily pruned from a year ago with almost all of the pitchers gone and as well as a lot of the wild growth.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!