FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By benastyy
Nauz wrote:
benastyy wrote:I put my plants in a plastic bag for now they all seem to look good, I'm still waiting on my great white... Meanwhile some pictures

This one is just out in the open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Found a good thread for you on terraforums. If your interested because I'm still learning as well.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/pitch ... tus-2.html
Thanks nauz, yeah I never really fed my cephs but I'm willing to try different things once they are more establish, just recently I came across a forum topic about feeding tofu to cp plants which I thought was crazy but cool hahaha they're so much to these plants I love it, what do you current feed your cps

By benastyy
Bought my son a blanket and came in this plastic cover thing which I turn to a mini green house, it has a little vent on the corner where the zipper is at, this can help with still air(air circulation) or by unzipping to allow max air control, I've seen some little fruit flies or fungus gnats? So I put my baby drosera in there to help out here are update pics

benastyy liked this
By Nauz
benastyy wrote:
Nauz wrote:
benastyy wrote:I put my plants in a plastic bag for now they all seem to look good, I'm still waiting on my great white... Meanwhile some pictures

This one is just out in the open

Found a good thread for you on terraforums. If your interested because I'm still learning as well.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/pitch ... tus-2.html
Thanks nauz, yeah I never really fed my cephs but I'm willing to try different things once they are more establish, just recently I came across a forum topic about feeding tofu to cp plants which I thought was crazy but cool hahaha they're so much to these plants I love it, what do you current feed your cps

I'm currently using maxsea, I've got a little plunger syringe I use to place it in the pitchers every two weeks. I've also places a good amount of maxsea not to far away from the plant on the soil once a months or every other time I feed the pitchers. I do wanna do a test with osmocote fertilizer in the pitchers of one plants and maxsea on the others. So far no issues with maxsea and great white. Can't say I'm having issues either. At beginning of March I've changed from 11hr artificial light to 14hrs or so now and their exploding with growth with equal number of pitchers and leaves.
By benastyy
I'm scared of adding thing into the pitchers, but maybe I should try that out... Hahaha I just try to let them be mostly but it wouldn't hurt to try it

By Nauz
benastyy wrote:I'm scared of adding thing into the pitchers, but maybe I should try that out... Hahaha I just try to let them be mostly but it wouldn't hurt to try it

I like using maxsea, but I will try one plant with osmocote and see what difference there is.
By benastyy
Nauz wrote:
benastyy wrote:I'm scared of adding thing into the pitchers, but maybe I should try that out... Hahaha I just try to let them be mostly but it wouldn't hurt to try it

I like using maxsea, but I will try one plant with osmocote and see what difference there is.
Yeah I might try it once my divisions are rooted, I received my great white so I'm going to try my luck at it... Then after each plant I can try something different on them feeding wise :)

By Nauz
benastyy wrote:
Nauz wrote:

Yeah I might try it once my divisions are rooted, I received my great white so I'm going to try my luck at it... Then after each plant I can try something different on them feeding wise :)

Let us know how it goes and everything.

I got your SASE for your March request the other d[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!